Our Favorite Way to Save Money on Fresh Hormone Free Meat
Hello, friends! I just discovered this amazing company and I can’t wait to share this information with you. Seriously, I think I’ve been living under a rock because I have been searching for years for the best place to buy fresh hormone free meat at a great price for so long and I had never heard of this company until recently. Unprocessed and natural food is very important to our family, but sometimes it comes at a price. If you’re in the same boat, read on!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see my disclosure here.
Have you Heard of Zaycon Fresh?
You can think of Zaycon Fresh as a type of food co-op, and in this case specifically, a meat co-op. Have you ever been a part of a food co-op for produce or purchasing other types of foods in bulk and direct from the source? Zaycon Fresh is the same thing, for meat.
Buying via a food co-op leads to higher quality due to direct relationships with the producer,
fresher food again because of the direct relationship, as well as lower prices because you are
cutting out the middleman (i.e. the grocery store). It’s a smart food buying concept.
How does it work?
This program is offered through Zaycon Fresh Foods. They are a nationwide meat co-op. It is a unique process, but the rewards in quality, freshness, and value are worth the wait.
- You order your meat selection now for a pickup date 1-4 months from now. This is how a group buying system works. When many can order directly from the supplier, it drives the price down. As a result, this is done over a several month time period to ensure the requirements of the group discount price.
- You order the meats in bulk. Generally 40 lb cases at a time. Many families will also split a case.
- Sale offerings are changing all of the time. There are several options, but each option is only offered a few times per year. So the specific offerings and sales at the time of log-in will vary depending on the month!
- At the specified day/time of your local pickup, a refrigerated truck will arrive in your area.
- Drive to your pickup location on the day and time of your pickup event, generally within 30 minutes, some locations within 5 minutes of your home and in the parking lot of a private business or organization where arrangements have been made.
- You don’t even have to get out of your car. Just pull-up in line. When it is your turn, roll down your window and give the driver your name, pop your trunk and they will place a plastic sheet down to protect your vehicle and load your order into your trunk.
- Drive home with your order!
- The whole process is just a few minutes, which makes it very convenient!
- Feel free to read the FAQ to help answer additional questions.
We typically place our meat in our large chest freezer. If I’m buying with another family, we divide up the meat between us. If I have planned out my meals for the week and I know I need to marinate some of the meat, that’s when I throw them in the bags along with the marinade and let them soak up the goodness.
Why would I buy my meat this way instead of the grocery store?
First of all, we have been using grass-fed, organic beef for years. We are lucky enough to live right next to the field where the cows graze. When the cow is mature enough, we have it divided up into the cuts that we prefer. And we can tell a difference in our health! If we can help it, we wouldn’t have our meat any other way. Fresh, grass or grain fed, and hormone free. Here are just a few other reasons.
- The cost is 30-50% less than the grocery store depending on the meat selected.
- Most all of the meat is delivered farm fresh, never frozen (there are some exceptions like the Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon, that’s a little difficult to deliver fresh from Alaska). It comes directly from the farms, so it is very fresh, as opposed to meats in the grocery store going through a long journey to arrive at the store and handled by many in the process.
- The quality is compared to the higher quality options in the grocery store. The local farms are hand-picked and Zaycon is committed to providing the highest quality. If at any time a farm does not meet their strict standards, they will drop this farm and meat will not be available in this area until an acceptable replacement is found.
- It’s convenient! I love that I only have to buy my meat a few times a year. We plan ahead with our budget and make sure we meal prep to save time. Also, I’m all about having the grocery shopping done for me. I have Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club shop for me and I pick it up. Food pick-up, like at Walmart and Kroger, is becoming extremely popular for busy families and moms – Zaycon was doing it first!
- Great reputation, high rating, including a great BBB.com rating (A+).
- They have been around since 2009 and growing massively in popularity because they are meeting several needs in this key area of grocery shopping and grocery budgets everywhere.
- They have one of the highest customer retention rates in any industry. The percentage of return customers exceeds industry standards.
How do I order?
Ordering is really easy!
1.Log on to the Zaycon site and register or log-in.
2. At the top of the page, click on “Shop By Product” or “Shop By Location.”
3. Find the meat offerings you are interested in.
4. You will find the details of the meat being offered.
5. Click on “On Sale Now”
6. Add as many cases as you would like.
7. If there is a coupon code, enter it at checkout.
8. At secure checkout, enter your payment information.
9. You will receive a confirmation email with your order and you will also see your order history under “My Account.”
10. Wait for your pickup date/time!
Click this link here to check out the current deals that Zaycon Fresh currently has going on. They always have a great deal, but you have to act fast because they do expire and only happen a few times a year.
References [ + ]